Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The End

This is the end of the semester, I have completed an entire unit. Presented my lesson plan which was more than scary. It made me have some doubts about teaching younger children. I definitely know I want to work with middle schoolers, not that I don't like the little ones but they just seem like a lot of work. But the lesson plan went as well as expected with the behavior cards turning everyone into the most terrible kids. It taught me that I will probably never finish my lesson plans and that little kids are easily distracted. I like the fact that everyone had the chance to present their lesson plan we got to see what works and what does not work. We also learned how to handle situations that might happen in a real class. lesson plan was so different even though they were all about teaching language arts. This class was very hands on learning rather than just reading about it. I appreciate that way more than reading from a textbook every night.

It was an amazing experience and I'm happy I did my freshman year.
I learned a lot about teaching and using everything around you; like computers, journals, the smart-board, centers and just being creative. I can't wait to start doing my sophomore field and see the units and lesson plans come to life. I know I want to be an English teacher now I just need to figure out what grade I want to teach. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment